Receive the latest on our new products and great deals!
You inhale the heady aroma. Take your first bite: smoky, rich, almost sweet. . . . Then BANG! The kick of ancho and chipotle chilies from New Mexico leaves no doubt that this is the taste of the real southwest! Enjoy with chicken, pork, beef (fajitas!), and tomatoes. Char Crust Smoky Spicy Southwest BBQ rub is an amazing addition to your outdoor grilling adventures.
1. Dredge (completely cover all sides) any meat of fish with Char Crust® dry rub seasoning. Be generous and pat or rub to coat evenly all over.
2. For best results with low-fat meats or fish, we suggest that you drizzle or spritz a little oil or non-stick oil spray on the surface of the already-seasoned protein. This provides a protective buffer on the surface of the spices and creates a sizzling Char Crust®. If using a well-marbled cut of beef, or cooking on a George Foreman® style grill, you can skip this step.
3. Using a preheated broiler (top rack) or very hot grill, sear both sides of the protein. Then cook to desired preference. For juiciest results, do not pierce meat or press down hard on it.
1. Preheat oven to highest temperature (500 degrees or higher is best).
2. Follow Steps 1 and 2 from "Grilling and Broiling" above.
3. Place roast in roasting pan that allows some space all around the roast. Place into oven and allow to cook for 15 minutes. Then turn temperature down to your desired roasting temperature (350 degrees is a common choice). Continue cooking until desired temperature is reached.
Note: Char Crust® dry rub seasoning does not change your normal cooking times, so if you are using a favorite recipe and adding Char Crust® dry rub to it, simply follow your recipe.
1. Drizzle clean vegetables with oil, then toss well to coat.
2. Sprinkle to taste with Char Crust® dry rub seasoning, then toss again
3. Broil, bake, grill, or sauté as usual.
4. Serve to rave reviews!
Note: You can also sprinkle Char Crust® on fresh steamed veggies. After cooking, toss veggies with a little butter or oil, then sprinkle with Char Crust® dry rub to taste, and toss again.